Popular Posts

Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Frog Party

Yesterday we celebrated our sons 7th birthday.  As we had got him two green tree frogs for his birthday, we decided to have a frog theme.  We gathered some decorations with frogs on them and I found some frog plates for the kids.  We had green cordial for the kids to drink.  I made a "pond" cake (simple vanilla cake with blue food colouring swirled through the batter prior to baking), decorated with blue butter icing, marzipan lillypads and icing sugar flowers).  Two purchased Balfours frog cakes (these are a South Australian icon) were placed on top of the pond, then I surrounded it with lilly pad decorated apple cupcakes (for recipe see "What to do with fruit pulp").  Other cakes included my orange yoghurt date cake (for recipe see "Oranges, Lemons (and Grapefruit)"), a blueberry yoghurt cake, chocolate cherry coconut cupcakes and my mum made some green jelly slice.  I also made "frogs in the pond" for the kids.  If you want further details for the recipes mentioned here that haven't been published in previous posts please let me know via the comments and I will post them next week.

I had every intention of playing some froggy games, such as who can jump the highest, who could croak the loudest as well as singing "Hoppy Birthday to you" and "Who let the Frogs out" - but the kids were having so much fun running around the garden and playing on the trampoline that we didn't get around to it.

We had a really fun day and our son had a fabulous birthday,

No comments:

Post a Comment