Popular Posts

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The GIANT zucchini

My Mother in Law asked if I would like some zucchinis as a lady she works with had been given some that her daughter had grown.  Well instead of being zucchinis (as in more than 1), I received half of a GIANT zucchini - my part weighed in at 2.5 kg.  WOW!  With this very large vegetable I was able to make the following:

15 individual Zucchini and fetta pies
1 large Chocolate, Zucchini and Pecan cake
1 large batch of Creamy Zucchini soup
2 loaves of Zucchini and Cranberry bread

Recipes are attached as a separate page.

Now my kids screw their faces up at anything that slightly resembles a vegetable so I have to be more cunning than a 6 year old and an 8 year old with inbuilt vegetable detectors.  Other than the pies, the kids were clueless as to the vegetable content of these dishes!

Now don't be disheartened if you can't get your hands on a giant zucchini.  You can still make these recipes with smaller ones.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment